Sunday, June 24, 2012

Oops - forgot the salt!

Gideon is 16 weeks old, as of last Friday.  I still can't believe at how quickly time passes when you have a little one.   I am sitting here thinking that I'll be teaching soon and how unprepared I feel.  Everyone tells me that I'll do great, that I'm going to be an awesome teacher, they gave me a job - didn't they.  I know I'll be okay, just a very crazy adventure.

Tonight I tried this recipe (from about a month ago, I wanted to do this from our dinner planning blog).  We just are now getting around to it.

Mini Mexi Bites. 

I forgot the salt and the cliantro.  I didn't use a red pepper but a green... and I just used what onions we have.  I used "block" cheese that I chopped up... not shredded.  Soooo.. we'll see how this taste.  However, I only used one pie crust (made 12 "quiches").  And that took up the whole mixture....  so we'll see.

I think I might serve them with a salad.  I don't really know what they will go with.. some fruit for sure.  We need some salsa to serve with it.     They will be ready in about 13 minutes.  So, for now I'm going to go read and hang out with Gideon (he's been playing on his own nicely).

Have a great start to the week!  

UPDATE:
the mini mexi bites were pretty good (not as filling as I would have hoped).  Jeremiah said that he wanted meat with it (so maybe great breakfast with meat and fruit).   By the time the baked Gideon and I were able to finish 6 books!  He likes to read.

Because we were still hungry I wanted a salad, but that didn't sound good so I decided to do this "health" smoothie.

Green Smoothie   I was very sneaky.  At the end it just says fruit + green + water = awesome healthy smoothie.

I did two banana, 1 cup blackbeeries and a little over 1 cup blue berries, a few ice cubes, a little water and two great big handfulls of spinach.  It was really yummy.  I could taste the bananas and the blackberries made it a bit gritty. But over all so good and it was really fast... and not to mention how HEALTHY it was.

OKay, now off I go!  Goodnight Moon.  

2 comments:

  1. My mom makes green smoothies! I love them with apple and pears. :)
    I need to get out blender out of storage and make some.

    ReplyDelete