Monday, April 30, 2012

End of April!

Gideon is almost two months old (here in a few days).  I can not believe how the time has just gone by so quickly.      I remember parents always saying to cherish it for it will be gone with a blink of an eye.  But I had no idea!   Thursday we go to get his two month shots.  I'm not really looking forward to it.    But luckily, because Jeremiah doesn't have a job (right now) he gets to go with us!  

So, update.   Yes, Jeremiah quit his job.  But he seems to be so much happier for it.  He has officially enrolled full time for summer and fall college classes.  He's also applied to several places for part-time work.   He has an interview tomorrow, and hopefully that goes well.   For me - well I've been subbing the past few days (every bit of money helps that's for sure!).   Subbing has been good because it made me realize how much I've missed teaching and the fact that I picked the right career.  I haven't had much luck with the teaching jobs for next year though.  There is still an application out that I'm waiting to hear back about an interview.   He said I came highly recommended; that's good!  


I just hope that we get something soon.  We have money saved up, but I don't want to totally deplete that.  But we are parents, two non-working parents.  Hahaha, real responsible!  Kidding!  I know that there is a plan out there for us.  We just have to be patient.   

Oh!  I'm trying to lose baby weight.  I think I've lost another five pounds.  My goal is just two pounds a week!  I'm using some apps on my phone to help keep me accountable.  So wish me luck!  

Here are some adorable pictures of us and the precious growing kiddoo:
Gideon and I - around five am - the boy likes to eat at all times if possible.  He is starting to sleep 4 to 5 hours at night though now.  So hopefully this next month he'll get a long nights rest (and mommy/daddy will too!)

Jeremiah and Gideon just hanging out.  Boys will be boys!  Too cute! 

This was from Easter Sunday.  I love his overall shorts.  And his WAY TOO big shoes!  He's so cute! 

This is James and Gideon.  James loves Gideon.  He is one of the children in our small group.  

Daddy and Gideon.  Now, don't get any crazy ideas.  Gideon doesn't normally sleep with us.  It just happened that this was a day that I had an interview at 7:30 am and Jeremiah was going to watch him.  Plus, its hard not to cuddle from time to time.  

Third thursday/Art walk in April.  Naturally he was pretty passed out.  Love it! 

So one day during his nap I went to check on him.  He wiggled his way to the side of his bed (head up against rails) and arm sticking out.  

Playing can be really hard and tiring!  PS that is one of my FAVORITE shirts.  It's pirate themed! 

Here is Great-great Aunt Sherry.  She came up from Arkansas to visit Gideon.  Note:  his shirt says "Face it, I'm cute"
Gideon's Great-Grandma was having her 60th birthday party.  It was hippie themed and everyone dressed up.  Including Gideon!  

Late one night while Jeremiah took care of Gideon so I could go to bed early in preparation to sub in the morning.  I can see so much love for his daddy in those eyes. 



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the last pic of Gideon! So cute :) Good luck with jobs for next year, I am in the same boat. I'm still working full time at Walgreens but on my days off I am subbing and the full-time teaching jobs for next year are scarce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had replied to this. I guess I hadn't. Jeremiah is actually back at working at Walgreens. I've gone back to subbing from time to time, but the year is almost over. I am hoping that this is the week to have good news on a job!

    Hope all is well with you. Miss you greatly!

    ReplyDelete