Saturday, September 8, 2012

September...

First, I want to apologize for the absent entries as of late.  Our lives increased in crazy by ten fold when I started going back to teaching. I have now been in school, teaching, for almost a month. It doesn't seem possible.  When I look at my lessons, I think - I have only 5 weeks until the quarter is over... WHATTT??  At first it was rough.  I knew that my first year of teaching was going to be difficult, and it wasn't the degree of difficulty, but the fact that the gap between my expectations and what I had done (or passed to me) was very little.  I felt a lot of pressure from a lot of areas not only to do my best but to do EVERYTHING well.  I have since been find my rhythm as far as how I am teaching, grading (Standards Based Grading).  I need to thank my awesome family - mom, dad, Jeremiah and Gideon for being sooo amazing and understanding.  They bend over backwards to help make my life easier.   My schedule, although somewhat consistent, is all over the place.  Some mornings I have early early meetings, some nights I"m there till 5:30 working.  But, in the end it will all get done and I know I will do my best.  God is my rock and he has graciously given me a great support team. 

Jeremiah is taking Calculus, Chemistry and Psychology!  BLAH.    He's been doing really well with classes so far and then comes home to take care of Gideon so my mom can have some time to do her own thing.   We recently traded some of his music equipment around so he's getting back into that. He does worship music at our small group and that has been very enjoyable.  I have loved watching him and Gideon bond with each other.  At times I'd get jealous because I couldn't get Gideon to laugh like Jeremiah could.  

Please keep my grandparents, Lois and Dewey, in your thoughts and prayers - Happy Grandparents Day!  They are both in and out of the hospital - Lois just got done with chemo/radiation treatments for cancer.  They mean so much to both me and my mother.  It's hard to watch loved ones get older.  yet it is a joy when they are young.  

Sorry for the pictures being out of order.   

Gideon and I at my parents.  Toys are more fun in the basket. 

Gideon's knew favorite - eating everything.  At least he loves numbers like his mommy! He is six months old! 

Again, loves to eat - and music too! 

How can you not love this face!?!

Boxes are pretty neat toys! 

Going to great grandparents here soon!  Rockin' the monkey shoes! 

Playing bongos at guitar center. 

Gideon likes to play with James - telling secrets. 

Some of the greats came to visit us.  Jeremiah was taking the picture. 

Super baby! He steals my heart. 

I am very lucky for my little family. 

This pictures just makes me laugh.  Don't worry, we stopped him before he actually ate anything. 

If I don't get back on here during September, have a great month.  I am so excited that the temperature is dropping.  I love fall.  It is by far one of my favorite seasons.  If it could be October - December on a regular basis I would be a very happy camper.   Well off I go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment