Tuesday, July 10, 2012

First (and maybe only) post in July!

Where have I been!?!?
Sleeping?
Reading?
Playing with Gideon?
Decorating my classroom?
Feeling overwhelmed with my upcoming teaching year?
Running?
Pinterest?
T.V.?
Baby shower planning?
Running around doing errands?

Or all of the above?

If you picked all of the above you know how busy I have been!  The sad thing is, I don't feel like I'm that busy, I just don't use my time as I should (I should be spending more time working on classroom stuff than on pinterest for example).

Gideon is doing very well.  He had his 4 month check up about a week ago.  He is 16 pounds, 24.25 inches, and his head has a circumference of 17.5 inches.  He's very healthy!
He has found his feet, can roll (like across the room), doesn't talk as much, sometimes growls/grunts, eats more, stands with support, sits with support, laughs a little, gives kisses (all in my head), and likes having his teeth brushed (new development).  He plays well on his own and can hardly sit still.

Jeremiah has about two more weeks of school left.  He's going to a magic the gathering tournament this weekend.  It will be strange being alone.

I am doing well.  Just trying to get my life organized and school organized.  But I can make it!

We had a great 4th of July.  Had small group over to grill.  Gideon slept through all of it - the night before we tried to watch, he freaked out and was hard to calm down... so we didn't even attempt it.  the neighbors booms were too loud.

Even longer ago we had my grandfather's 80th surprise birthday party (the same day as Michelle's baby shower, Rebecca has those pictures).

Grandpa and his cake! 

Gideon was interested in the cake, grandpa actually stuck his nose in it!  He smiled, so we then put icing on Grandpas nose!  Too cute! 

My great Aunt Sherry could not wait to see him.  So she snuggled as much as possible. 

This group of beautiful kiddos go to my Grandparents church.  Their 7th sibling was only a week or so old!  All under 8 or 9! 

Gideon got to first encounter balloons.  He really enjoyed them and played with them for days after (until I was afraid he was going to pop them in his mouth). 

All smiles! 

Our family! Four generations! 


Please continue to pray for my Grandma (pictured above in the pink, but not my mom holding Gideon) she is battling cancer and is currently going through chemo and radiation treatments.  Also be with my mom as she helps out her family and prepares to take care of our kiddo.  I know that I'm stressed and hope I'm not stressing her out.  She is currently helping with the Lion's international camp (and next week will be hosting two girls for a week).  We are just very busy and need to keep positive! 

Everyone have a great weekend!

Up a head for us:
Rebecca's "Welcome Elise" shower is Sunday
Jeremiah is gone all weekend
Going to the drive-in with students (hopefully if all goes well)
Art walk with international students
Finish my classroom
Get my car's tags renewed
Get lesson plans done
Going to see Aunt Sherry and her daughter for the weekend (our cousin Grace and family is coming over too!)
My 25th birthday (getting so old!)
Getting to see my dearest friend Heather... it has been a little over 4 years.  
Fifth sunday at church (picnic lunch)
Hopefully some swimming! 
Continue weight loss
Make calendar of meals for when school starts?!?
August will be here before we know it! 

4 comments:

  1. Ooooo you are busy! Don't beat yourself over pinterest! It has A Lot of ideas you can use in your house and classroom! :) Also its obviously something you enjoy! You need to do something for you or you'll get burned out! You really inspire me! You do so much and never complain! :) I <3 you. Doing anything fun for our almost same day birthday? 25 huh? I'm just right behind you. 24! It's weird! Hey great news is... Your insurance should go down on your car and you can rent a rental car anywhere now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pinterest comment! hahah. The problem with so may great ideas is that I get inspired and look at all of them... to not do any of them! I need to find a happy medium.
      Thanks for thinking I'm inspirational. It's really hard. This month I've wanted to focus on school, but then I feel like a bad mom for not spending time with Gideon. Then when I am with Gideon I get frustrated/over whelm because all these ideas start flooding my head for school. Can't have my cake and eat it too?!
      Birthday - haven't planned anything. So not idea really. What about you?
      Hopefully my insurance goes down, that would be a very nice surprise!

      Have a great day. I need to go shower. =] (the one thing I skip out sometimes from being too busy! hahaha

      Delete
  2. I wish I could decorate my classroom! I can't even get in to see it until August 6th! I also wish I knew my curriculum, but I don't have my first meeting until August 10th! Ahhhh I am so nervous

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will do great! We start school on the 15th, I'm assuming you are starting later (closer to September?). But you are going to be an amazing teacher! Also, just think about all the time I spend helping/working with Gideon that I don't get to be in my room...so you'll get caught up! =]

      Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

      Delete