Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day three and four - Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday we had a classic go to meal for us. Mushroom soup meatballs with gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, and biscuits. Talk about your hearty meal!

Mushroom soup meatballs with gravy:
Ingredients: ground beef, can of mushroom soup, water or milk, salt and pepper. Directions: Make the meat into half dollar to golf-ball size balls. Fry them in a skillet until cooked through rolling them over from time to time (I like mine black on all sides). Drain grease. Turn down heat to medium heat. Add one can of mushroom soup and one can of milk or water into the skillet. (I just use water, milk makes it creamer but I was out). Whisk or misk the soup mixture together to make a gravy. Salt and pepper to taste.

While the meatballs are cooking I'm making mashed potatoes as well. Last night I did something a bit different. While I was boiling my potato slices (slices cook faster, more surface area) I threw in some CAULIFLOWER! After everything was tender I drained the water and then blended in some butter and evaporated milk. I forgot we didn't have any milk (getting groceries today) but I had about 4 cans of evaporated milk to use, and it worked just fine. But the cauliflower looks and taste just like potatoes... but healthier for you! SNEAKY SNEAKY ME!

While I'm working on the potatoes and meatballs I have another pan of just corn warming up while multitasking even more by cooking the biscuits. You can use whatever vegetables you want (I also served it with fresh carrot sticks). You can do whatever makes you happy! Altogether it takes me about 30 minutes to whip this meal together.

~~~~~~******~~~~~~~~

Thursday: left over night! Because Jeremiah didn't go to work the first few days of this week, he hasn't had a reason to take leftovers to work, so our fridge is fully of yummies and passed goodies. Jeremiah is also playing in a magic tournament tonight so he'll just eat when he gets home he said. However, I am going to make some banana bread... my bananas are looking rather mushy! =]

Well I have some errands to run. Hope everyone has a good day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment