Monday, January 16, 2012

Day seven and eight - waffles and ground beef corn bread bake

Saturday night we (Clayton, Jeremiah and I) went to our friend Craig's house. He grilled chicken, zucchini, and bread for us (yum, me)!

Sunday (day seven of no eating out) I made waffles for Jeremiah, Clayton and I.... we ate the whole batch! I only had one, the guys ate the rest. I guess they were hungry, or they were delicious. Sunday night we split girls and boys up among our friends. Becca and I were sent to help our friend Michelle unpack, simply and get organized into her and her husband's home. The guys were left at our house, to stay out of our way =] Jeremiah baked two pizzas for all of the guys while Michelle made Manicati (sp?) and a side salad. It was very good, something new for me to try.

Monday (day eight of no eating out) For lunch I had left overs, Jeremiah made a quick fritio chili pie (chili out of a can... kinda icky to me). Tonight we made a ground beef/corn bread casserole. Here's our made up recipe (which we are about to try now!)

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 - 1 lb ground beef, cooked
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 can of black beans, drained and rinse
Taco seasoning
Corn bread mix
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1/2 - 1 cup shredded cheese (flavor of your choice)
Picante Salsa to taste
Sour Cream is also an optional topping.

DIRECTIONS:
Brown the ground beef and cook the onions and peppers until they are tender. Add the taco seasoning as directed on package. Add the black beans to warm them. In a separate bowl mix the corn bread mix as directed on the box. In an 8x8 sprayed pan combine the meat and corn bread mixture. Top with cheese. Cook in a preheated 400 degree oven for around 30 minutes or until fully cooked.

Top with lettuce, more cheese, salsa, sour cream or so forth


Jeremiah said it was pretty good, specially for our first try and making it up! It was very filling and I personally enjoyed it (I liked the sweetness the corn bread brought) and the ease of putting it all together vs. having just tacos.

**

Had a productive day today and it's only Monday!! Woot woot

xoxo,
MJ

PS Gideon is 33 weeks "developed" today. I have less than 2 months!! HOoray!

No comments:

Post a Comment