Friday, October 14, 2011

Dear Gideon

Dear Gideon (and my readers),

Mommy is so sorry for how she acted today. I know you are started to hear more and more every day. I just hope that you do not relate the yelling that I had to do today to me as your mother.

I cried after school today. Student teaching was just that awful. It's a combination of things really, using some one else's classroom management, not being firm in my stance, working with a difficult curriculum style, end of the quarter and my CT being gone. Plus, I'll be honest with you.... I'm hormonal/emotional! =]

However, to soothe my mood when I got home I took out my aggression on a pineapple. Slicing and dicing was what we needed to relieve some tension and worries. Then getting to sit down (yelling and being agitated can work up a pregnant woman's appetite) and enjoy your working efforts. Nothing like fresh pineapple!

Also, mommy just bought four new books for Gideon Xavier. Being an old employee of Kohls I strong believe in their Kohls Cares Program (their five dollar books/animals/CDs). It's not possible to go into a bookstore and buy hard back books for five dollars any where else. And not only does my child get a good literacy foundation but the net profits help other children in schools, hospitals and other programs. Win-win. I don't even mind paying 6 dollars for shipping and tax, it's still a steal! And I would use that six dollars in gas just by going to Kohls.

We purchased: Nancy Tillmans' "On the Night You Were Born" "The Spirit of Christmas" "Wherever You Are" and "It's Time to Sleep, My Love"

I'm very excited for these books to be in our little Gideon's collection.

This weekend is busy. Mommy needs to (tonight and tomorrow) finish up Dooling's family portraits (editing them). Daddy is at a magic tournament tonight and is going to another tournament tomorrow. Yes, we do miss him. But even if daddy was home we would be so busy doing photography and school work we wouldn't get to spend too much time with him. =[ So we are proud of daddy and hopes he wins the tournaments!

Well, I am feeling much better now that we went shopping online.

Time to edit some pictures.

Gideon, we love you, and you will be loved the rest of your life. Again, I hope mommy didn't scare you too much with her shouting today in the class. We can not wait for you to be here and have great expectations for your life.

Much love world,
Gideon's Mom and Dad <3

No comments:

Post a Comment