Tuesday, April 3, 2012

one month old!

Gideon turned one month old yesterday!  I can hardly believe that our little man has been on this earth for a month!  Where does the time go?!?!  As you can tell from my positiveness he is doing much better.  We came home from the hospital late Monday night!    We constantly have to suck snot out of his nose to help him breathe.  But that was a week ago.  Every day he is doing better and better.  

Thank you to all of you who prayed and supported us.  I will never forget the pain and emotions I felt as a mother watching my son struggle to breathe.  I am thankful for everyone that is in his life.  

We are slowly figuring each other out and finding a routine of events.   Between the BabyWise book, the mommy facebook group, and What to Expect The First Years we are learning.  It's so funny because every baby IS different and everyone has such DIFFERENT opinions/advice.    But if I know one thing for sure, it is the fact that Gideon is LOVED!  

I know I haven't been very good with posting pictures.  Gideon keeps us pretty busy and on our toes!  I finally found time to upload some more (even if they are a bit old).   

Also, I had a job interview today!  Hopefully it goes well, and we will know more come Friday!  



Below:  The next two pictures are from Third Thursday, or the Art Walk in down town Joplin.  We went with our friends the Gills!  It was a lot of fun and probably what you'd consider Gideon's first outing.    Jeremiah is a bit funny in this....is he trying to eat our little guy?  


Below: This is Gideon on March 30th  (four weeks old) at Grandma and Grandpa Payne's house.  It was his first visit.  He seemed to enjoy the swing (even if it is a bit old, hehehee).  

Below:  Here we are after a long day at the park!  We discovered the picnic tables are tricky.... poor guy hit his head.  He's moving way too much for me to contain him.  He was okay, ask Miss Bart.

Below:  TUMMY TIME!!  We are to do tummy time at least twice during the day.  Grandma loves this time and enjoys getting down there with him.  If you didn't know better, it looks as if they are sleeping! =]  

Below:  Jeremiah and Gideon.  One of my favorite pictures by far!  

Below:  Grandpa telling stories to Gideon.  If only he was awake to hear them.  Many years to come for that and other "shananagens" 

Below:  "Umm, I didn't do it!"   This is Gideon as a month old!   I can't believe how big he has gotten.  He's getting so old he's also lost some hair.  Oh boy!   

I believe that is it for now.  As always there are more, way more, pictures on facebook.   I will continue to do my best to keep up with the blog though!  I know we have a few readers out there. 

LOVE TO ALL!!  And HAPPY EASTER (a bit early, we know).

No comments:

Post a Comment