Friday, March 16, 2012

Gideon = 2 weeks old!

Pictures and pictures   click to go to facebook to see some of his pictures.  I really need to update facebook as well (with our new phones we take so many on there but don't post them all on fb).  We still have a few on our camera as well.

Gideon is two weeks old today.  That's right two woopin weeks old. Jeremiah and I are still getting use to the new each other, the new environment, new schedule, new little (amazing!) person, and even having my mom around more is new (but so much appreciated and needed).  

Today he had his check up and he looks great.  He is healthy and the doctor had no complaints or concerns.  He's still only 8 pounds, but they said that's great and he's where he needs to be.

After his appointment I went and got my hair cut today.  I feel like a new woman.  It was the first time Jeremiah has been totally alone with Gideon (it was only for an hour).  They did great, both are still alive.  I was a bit worried about them because Gideon has been really fussy as of late and eating on the hour every hour.   But they had a bottle of pumped goodness and made it through the hour.    After my hair cut we took a nice walk around our neighborhood.    I still can't believe it's mid March and we are pushing 80 degrees here!  It's a bit nuts.... and a bit warm.  ***Maybe I'll shred a few of these pounds faster because we are so hot!!!

Last night we also had a good time with the Gill family.  We went to the art walk or third Thursday.  It's where they close off a part of main street musicians, artists, and the locals come out and just enjoy one another and their creativity.  We got to see a lot of great work and hear some sweet music as well.  Gideon did great; he was passed out for a majority of it and I truly can not wait for him to be older to truly enjoy such fun things with us (warped tour and corner stone are in my future, it's a must).

My mom has been spending a lot of time helping me while Jeremiah went back to work.  She's been so amazing.  Anything I need help with she doesn't hesitate or ask questions; be it laundry,getting groceries, changing diapers so I can nap,  dishes, dinner, editing job applications, sweeping, listening, spending time with me, helping my little guy relax breathe and calm down.    I really have no idea what we would do with out her.  The hardest part is telling her how much we appreciate her for words don't do it justice.  My mom is not a materialistic person either so it's not like we can buy her something to show a token of our thanks. I know she loves Gideon, more than anyone can ask for and she's thrilled to be a Grandma, I just wish she would get the gratitude she deserves for working so hard behind the scenes all of the time.   So, mom if you ever read this.  Thank you from the bottom of all three of our hearts.  We love you so much and I, personally, don't know if I could do this without you.

Like any new family we have had our struggles be it learning how to help Gideon not fuss as much (it breaks my heart when he wells up with screams).   I'm still trying to find myself and keep myself together (I'm such a worry wart).  I know I need to lean on God more, and I feel bad for he's kinda slipped to the back burner on me again and that's not the place for him, no where close!    But all with time, and this too shall pass we will become better at the things parents do.   We love our son so much and I have a new found love for Jeremiah as well; I feel as if we are closer we are a team now.

There are moments were I feel as if I'm just attached to Gideon (he's pretty cute and I don't mind) but I had no idea how much it meant to get a hair cut... alone....really meant.  It was time for me to regroup.  I was so excited to get home and couldn't stop thinking about my two men when I was away, but I got away for a bit.

It's Friday night and I'm at home, alone, with my beautiful bundle of joy.  He's two weeks old and I feel 1000 years old (so tired here).  My husband is playing magic (and I"m thankful for that, he has to work tomorrow and can't play in a tournament which really stinks).... but his life keeps going.

Our boy is two weeks old.  Brings tears of joy, love and happiness to my eyes.  I am so thankful that God has watched over us this far, through the sleepless nights and just laying in bed listening to his moans, groans, and grunts.  I know here soon I will look back and wonder where the time went and wish I had my little boy back in my arms.

As my favorite book puts it:

"I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."

I couldn't say it any better.

Good night world, and until next time.....Keep on smiling.

xoxo,
Megan, Jeremiah and our precious Gideon



Worries that need to melt away:
Finding a job!!!!   (I feel so behind in this area, only one job app filled out, no interviews and several of my friends already know there locations next year... sigh...)
Losing weight
Financial burdens
Keeping Gideon happy, that I am not a bad mother
Will I ever heal properly and not be sore some place on me
Nursing!
All of our friends and family members' health

No comments:

Post a Comment