Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day four - Chicken Enchiladas

Yesterday we didn't eat out, we had salad and a frozen pizza. Nothing fancy!

Jeremiah spent the day working; because he's the best husband ever!! And I went to my grandparents with my mom to work on a building project with grandpa. We built recycling centers (pictures coming soon)for our house!!

Today, I am making chicken enchiladas.

Click here for a slow cooker recipe.

I found several different recipes for enchiladas, but I like what we have used in the past. What Jeremiah and I created!

Ingredients:
Tortillas
1 can of re-fried beans
1 can of enchilada sauce
onion chopped (however much you like!)
diced tomato can be canned or fresh
shredded cheese
shredded chicken
pepper and spices to taste

Directions:
Saute onions, tomato, and cooked shredded chicken. Pepper saute mixture to taste (or use other spices such as cayenne pepper and so forth).
Place tortillas on a flat surface, spread refried beans over tortilla. Spoon chicken mixture into tortilla, add desired amount of cheese, spoon a bit of enchilada sauce and then roll up tortilla and place in a 13x9 sprayed glass baking pan.
Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the rolled tortillas, top with more cheese.
Bake at 375 until cheese is melted, sauce is bubbly, and the insides are fully warmed.

We haven't made these in ages, they are one of my favorite recipes to cook because you can make them to suit your taste (Jeremiah doesn't like tomatoes so sometimes I only put those in mine. We don't always use tomatoes. Sometimes we add a can of chilis (the 4 ounce can). So have fun with this recipe.


It snowed here last night!! Nothing major (although a few rural schools were cancelled). Jeremiah made it to work safely. I'm getting ready to call his doctor about a form he needs to fill out. My mom is coming over to help sew some things together for Gideon's room and finish up the recycle bins. I think then we are going shopping...

Have a great day everyone!!! Be warm and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment